Thursday, May 2, 2013

no. 179

White Liberals: “Charity first…after personal wealth and power.”

Because how are you going to tell everyone how we should help Africa if you can’t fly on a private jet to get to the 4-star resort / convention center?

At least when Republicans charge $5,000 a plate, they look you right in the eye and tell you it’s because they just really like money.

I’ll take callous assholes over callous assholes who fucking lie to me about it.

Oh, and while I’m on the topic: if the head of your “international charity” makes as much as a vice president of Wal-Mart, I’m not giving you any money. I make $400 a week. At least funding the Wal-Mart exec’s salary nets me a “Who Farted?” trucker cap and an industrial-sized can of Cheez Balls. If the only way your charity can find a qualified individual to run it is to bribe someone who otherwise wouldn’t do it, it’s not a charity. It’s that asshole’s ticket to a nicer house. And I’m not funding that.

Besides, in 2011, Wal-Mart gave almost a billion dollars to charitable causes around the world. Sure, they funded it with Chinese serf labor. But again, they’re fairly up-front about it.


The Virgin Prince

No comments: